- After logging in, select "My Profile" under the "My Account" tab and set up the following items (you will only have to do this once, although you will be able to update and modify the information whenever you like).
- Guest Vendor Restrictions. Although you will be able to perform many of the functions within MasterWeddingPlanner.com (MWP), there will obviously be some restrictions on what you can do. The most significant is your inability to combine information from all Events into a single list. When a Wedding Planner, Bride or another Vendor adds you as a Guest Vendor, and you set up your information below, the information will only be available to you for Events where the same organization adds you again for another Event. If a different Vendor adds you, you will need to create the lists below for that Vendor as well. Also, in order to protect the privacy of your information, when someone else adds you as a Guest Vendor, they will have access to your Member ID and password, so dollar amounts cannot be entered in the Budget section for Guest Vendors.
- Timeline Groups Use this section to set up your Event Timeline Groups. As indicated above, you can create as many as you need. Then once you create a new Event, just select the Timeline Group that you want and they will all be associated with your event. You can then delete any Timeline Items you did not want for that Event or add new ones. Finally, once you create a Timeline Group, if you want to create a similar Group, simply copy (shown as Clone) one Group into a new Group with a different name and then add, modify delete items in the new Group until it is as you like.
Add New Timeline Item screen
- Checklist Groups Use this section to create a list of all the things that need to be done by not only the wedding party, but the vendors as well. With a Checklist item, not only can you assign responsibility to a specific individual, you also specify how far out in front of the event (in weeks) the Item should be completed, and when you want an email reminder. Additionally, when adding Event Participants, you will be able to automatically assign responsibilities. For example, if a Bride has responsibility for 15 items in a specific Checklist Group, when you create an Event and add a Bride to the Event, a simple check in a checkbox will add all 15 items to the Bride. Finally, you can create Clone copies of Checklist Groups without having to create them from scratch similar to the description above.
Add New Checklist Item screen
- Acceptable Payment Methods Enter the types of payments you accept. For example, do you accept credit cards. This information might help another vendor that is looking for someone that accepts credit cards.
- Available Services Same as with Payment Methods above. Enter the types of Available Services you offer.
- Event Contract Status Options Use this section to categorize your contracts. For example, you could enter "Inquiry" to show it was not really a confirmed contract yet, but you could still keep track of all the pertinent information. Also, when you create an option, you can indicate whether it will appear on the main page of My Events or on a secondary page.
- Event Type Options Enter the types of Events you are involved in. For example, Wedding, Bar Mitzvah, Anniversary, Graduation, etc. Having entered an option here enables you to select it when you create a new Event.
- Event Services Provided Options Enter the types of Service you offer and generally bill for. For example, Package 3, Full Service, Day of Service only, Hourly, etc. Again, having entered them here enables you to select then when creating a new Event.
- Event Referral Source Options Enter the sources of referrals you would like to track. Be as specific as your needs dictate. For example, you might list magazines, or if you need to know, list specific magazine titles. You could also enter Friend, Internet, Phone Book, etc. This will enable you to generate a Referral Report indicating the source of all your Events and let you know where your advertising dollars or marketing efforts are best spent.
- Event Primary Locale Options Enter the locales where you participate in Events. Again, be as specific as your needs dictate. You could list a general category for churches, or list specific churches. Having this list will enable you to select this option when creating a new Event, but will also enable you to locate vendors who have participated with you at the same locale -- possibly an indication of someone that is familiar with that locale.
- My Staff As a Guest Vendor, your membership is restricted to Single User so you are unable to add Staff.
Add New Staff screen
- My Vendors As a Guest Vendor, you will not be able to add other Guest Vendors.
- My Contacts As a Guest Vendor, you will not be able to add Contacts.
Add New Contact screen
View Contact screen
Add New Follow-up Schedule screen
You are now ready to begin entering Event information by clicking on "My Events" under the "My Account" tab. You can also review the Quick Start Guide (Managing an Event) to assist you until you become more familiar with all the functionality contained in MasterWeddingPlanner.com