Quick Start Guide for Managing an Event
- My Events You access this list from the MasterWeddingPlanner.com (MWP) navigation menu. Here you will find the Event you have been added to by another MWP member. The first screen you come to will be your "Current" Events.
My Events Blank screen
- Dashboard The primary page for an Event is the "Dashboard" and it contains the 10 sections of information about an Event. In addition to accessing the 10 sections of information, the Dashboard will also display the items you feel are most important, but items of lesser importance can be viewed by clicking the "View All" button in the desired Section. For example, the Event Participants section of the Dashboard would probably contain the Bride, Groom, Maid of Honor and the Best Man, however, to see a complete list of Event Participants including the Ushers, etc., you would click the "View All" button on the Event Participants section of the Dashboard. By having a Dashboard, you can highlight the information you feel is more important and want to be displayed prominently. Whenever you add a Timeline, Checklist, Event Participant, Guest, etc., there will be a checkbox indicating where that item should be displayed. Do you want it on the Dashboard or should it only be contained in the View All area for that section.
A blank Dashboard is shown in the image below. The only section containing an entry is the Assigned Staff section. MWP assumes the creator of the Event is a significant Staff Member
Blank Dashboard screen
- Event Participants When you add a New Event Participant, you specify their role and near the bottom of the screen, you have the option to "Attach" all the Group Checklist Items you previously assigned to the Event to this individual where the role is the same. For example, if in your Group Checklist Items, the Bride was responsible for 15 items, when you add the Bride to the Event, clicking the Attach checkbox will automatically assign the 15 previously added items to the Bride. Attaching the items prevents having to manually do it later. Also, you can specify No Emails if the individual does not want to receive overdue Checklist Item email reminders or other emails within MWP. Also, if you specify the Event Participant is a "Client" then the individual will be able to see the dollar figures in the Budget section, otherwise they will only see the Committed Services with no dollar amounts. As an Event Participants you add will at most be able to provide View permissions to any Event Participants you add. So if you want to provide someone else with more permissions than View, you will need to ask the Event Owner to do that.
You need to specify whether the Event Participant name will be on the Dashboard by checking the Dashboard checkbox and also whether they can log in to MWP by checking the Log In checkbox. If you need to change any of the information with the exception of the "Attach" functionality, you can do so at any time.
Add New Event Participant screen
- Event Timeline Here you can specify the Event Timelines. Typically these are actual activities rather than "Checklists" that need to be performed. If you know the Date/Time, you can enter them, but it is OK not to enter the information until you know it. However, until you do so, the entries not containing dates and times will not be sorted properly.
Add New Timeline Activity screen
- Booked Vendors This is the only section where you cannot enter information. This section is automatically created based on the Vendor commitments you create in the Budget/Contract section below. By having a complete list of Vendors associated with the Event prevents you from having to search all of the individual Budget Categories below.
Booked Vendors screen
- Checklist Items You use this section to create Checklist Items that should be performed by the specified Due Date. You also assign responsibility for the Item and the EMail Days. EMail Days are the number of days prior to the Due Date where an email will automatically begin being sent to the individual responsible for the Checklist Item until the Item is marked Completed. To stop the automatic emails, the Item can be completed or the Due Date can be advanced. Or an alternative would be to indicate No Emails for the Event Participant, a less than satisfactory solution.
Finally, if the Checklist Item is also a item that you want to track as a Completed Task (for billing, etc.), the Create Task checkbox can be checked and, upon clicking the submit button, you will automatically be taken to the Completed Task section with the appropriate information already filled in.
Add New Checklist Item screen
- Budgets/Contracts This section is used to make commitments to Vendors and therefore is the method for attaching a Vendor to the Event. When the Event was created, the budget dollars were allocated based on the Budget Group that was selected. If you need to make changes, you do so in this section. You will notice the section is broken down by Budget Categories. The Categories can consist of Photography, Florist, Entertainment, etc. and you will notice the section displays the total budgeted amount, the amount committed, and the remaining amount for each Category. Before making any entries, you first need to select the desired Category. If no money has been allocated for the Category yet, you can create a new Category and allocate funds.
Once you have selected the Category, you can commit funds by selecting a Vendor. Your only Vendor choices are those Vendors that were previously entered in My Vendors. If you want to add a Vendor that is not in your list, you will need to ask the Event Owner to add them. Once you have selected the Vendor, enter the Service they will be providing and the Amount. Once you do, those funds will be committed and the available funds will be reduced.
Once you have committed to the Vendor, Payment Plans with Due Dates and Amounts can be established. You can also upload a copy of the contract for viewing. Keep in mind any documents you upload MUST be less than 1 Megabyte in size or the upload will fail. When payments are made, they can be entered in the Payment Plan history. Finally, as indicated above, only Clients and staff can see all the dollars shown. However, individual Vendors who are MWP Members will be able to see dollars only for their entry as well as the payment plan information. Guest Vendors do not see dollars nor can they manage the Payment Plan information using MWP. Finally, Event Participants that have been designated as Clients can also perform many of the Budget tasks, however, they cannot enter payment information. Also, if you give an Event Participant full Budget permissions without making them a Client, they still will not be able to see dollars or perform a lot of the tasks.
Add New Budget Category screen
Add New Vendor Commitment screen
Commitment Attachments screen
Create New Payment Plan screen
- Completed Tasks This section is used to track all completed Tasks and the individual who completed them. A summary of this information can then be used for those Vendors that bill by the hour or by the completed task.
Add New Completed Task screen
- Assigned Staff As an Event Participant, you can see Assigned Staff, but you cannot add them.
Add New Staff Member screen
- EMails Wherever you are in the MWP, you can click on a persons name link and it will show you information about that individual as well as enabling you to send them an email through MWP.
Create Email screen
- Guest List Use this section to add and manage the Guest list. Much of the information entered can be used to create Reports, sorting and grouping the data in a variety of ways.
Add New Guest screen